Throughout the island, festivals are organized during the summer. Of these most important are:
– On February 2nd, Panagia Flevariotissa. It is the winter meeting of the people of Astypalea
– On July 19th, the Prophet Elia
– On July 26th, Saint Panteleimon
– On August 5th, the Metamorphosis of the Savior
– On the 15th of August, Panagia of Portaitissa. It is the biggest festival of the island, with traditional appetizers and music. It goes on for 3 days and there is a plethora of events.
– On August 28th, John the Baptist
– On September 7th, Virgin Mary of Pulariani